Fun Facts on Cockroaches
Cockroaches are brown, black or mixed in color. They invade in swarms and leave tracks of bacteria. Learn even more intriguing facts about Cockroaches here…
- A cockroach can live up to a week without its head.
- Cockroaches are mainly nocturnal and will run away from light.
- Cockroaches are tough- they can live up to three months without food and a month without water.
- Cockroaches live in and adapt to a variety of environments but prefer warm conditions indoors. They tend to gather around garbage and in the kitchen.
- Cockroaches often leave chemical trails in their feces. Other cockroaches follow the trail in search of food and water, which allows them to find each other and ultimately create a swarm.
- There are more than 5,000 cockroach species, but only a few tend to enter the home like the American Cockroach, the Oriental Cockroach, and the German Cockroach.
- Cockroaches like to feed on human and pet food. Here are a couple of tips to prevent them from invading your home:
- Keep all food and water stored away in sealed containers.
- Repair water leaks around the home.
- Ensure all entry points into the home are sealed.